What is Josiah Place?
Josiah Place provides housing that is affordable, pleasant, safe and accessible to supportive services required for independence and economic empowerment.
Josiah Place is a 10-unit single bedroom apartment complex that provides:
- Affordable housing within walking distance to many necessary services
- Occasional community support services
- A multi-purpose community meeting room includes a residential style kitchen and can be used for parties, exercise classes, holiday functions, and volunteer training
Who is eligible?
Josiah Place serves those most in need of support in their daily life. Residents must:
- Have a chronic mental illness diagnosis
- Have an annual income that does not exceed program income limits
- Not have any other residences besides their unit at Josiah Place
- Produce a valid Social Security Number
- Meet other background requirements imposed by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Want more information?
Like King Josiah’s people in the Bible, the residents of Josiah Place experience the hope and fulfillment of reaching their potential as individuals, supported within a caring and guiding community of peers, professionals, volunteers and the church.