What is the Fatherhood Initiative?
The Fatherhood Initiative Project exists to serve Nebraska fathers who are wanting to better connect or re-engage with their children and learn how to be better parents. The Fatherhood Initiative staff of case managers, supervisors, trainers and employment specialists assist fathers in their efforts to overcome struggles and improve their lives for the overall betterment of the family.
Research shows that when a father is present in the lives of his children, that father and the children have a higher quality of life. Fathers have more motivation to maintain employment, to not use substances and have overall better mental health. Children that have a present father in their lives are less likely to engage in risky behaviors, drop out of school and have more positive social experiences overall.
Who is eligible for the Fatherhood Initiative?
To be eligible, an individual must be:
- A non-custodial father wanting to engage or reengage with his children
- A legal citizen or documented immigrant
- Below the 200% federal poverty level
Referrals can be sent to Fatherhood.Intake@OneLFS.org or by calling (402) 661-7100.
How much does the program cost?
Services are provided at no cost to the client. We encourage you to contact Kevin.Flores@OneLFS.org if you are interested in the Fatherhood Initiative.
What services are provided?
The Fatherhood Initiative provides a wide variety of services to support fathers:
- Individualized services & case management
- Father-led SMART goals
- Financial literacy and planning
- “Children In Between” co-parenting
- Father-Child relationship support & education
- Employment readiness & career planning
- Referrals to other services & support
- Trauma-Informed approach
- Nurturing Fathers Class
- Legal Services for family stability and public benefit applications/denials.
What other information is available?
Click here to download our Fatherhood Initiative flier.
Click here to download the Fatherhood Referral form in English
Haga clic aqui descargue el formulario de referencia de la iniciativa de paternidad en español.