Our employees are at the very heart of all we do.
For 130 years, the people of Lutheran Family Services have changed lives. Our professional staff has created homes through adoption and foster care, guided families struggling with abuse or addiction, and compassionately helped refugees from war-torn countries discover new lives in Nebraska and Iowa. And those are just a handful of our programs.
Do you have a calling to make a difference? A passion to help others? If so, then check out the amazing career opportunities we offer.
Our mission is to provide safety, hope and well-being to all people -- including our employees.
In addition to having what may be the hardest but most satisfying job you’ve ever had, you’ll enjoy excellent benefits, including generous time off and highly-competitive salaries.
Click here to see where we are hiring right now, but stay in touch if you don’t see the perfect position yet. We are always looking for the right people.
What LFS Offers
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 403(b) with a match of 5%
- Pay increases for behavioral health licensure achievements
- Language pay differential*
- *Language differential pay is based on the needs of the organization and program
- 2 Weeks of Vacation Pay in the First Year
- Sick Leave
- 12 paid holidays per year
- 4 mental health days per year
- Winter break from December 23 through the day after New Year’s Day
- Flexible work environment
- Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging initiatives that promote the well-being of all people
- Paid Parental Leave – 6 weeks
- Pet Bereavement Leave
Lutheran Family Service is a substance-free work environment. New employees will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test prior to hire.
Lutheran Family Services is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
No Wrong Door
No matter when or how people come to LFS for service, they are welcomed and embraced.
- LFS will be the first place people think of and contact for human care services.
- LFS services are provided in a culturally competent and humble manner.
- No client leaves LFS without direction and understanding about how/where to access the services they need.