Are walk-in visits available?
Many services have virtual and in-person Open Access times to allow for walk-in visits, as well as sliding scale fees based on income.
Look below for a full list of our open access times for each service.
During our open access hours, you can click here to enter our virtual lobby and talk with an LFS staff member.
2023 Sliding Fee Scale and Instructions
Lutheran Family Services (LFS) is a Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC). We provide care to all patients who seek our services regardless of insurance or financial status. No patient is ever denied care due to an inability to pay. We offer a Sliding Fee Discount to patients with income at or below 200% Federal Poverty Levels, set forth by the most recently published HHS Federal Poverty Guidelines.
LFS has state funding assistance for underinsured who qualify based on residency, income, and family size. Our clients who do not qualify for state funding are eligible for our sliding fee services offered at rates that are discounted from our usual and customary rates, as determined by the recipient’s ability to pay. Depending on the recipient’s family size and household income, rates for services are discounted, as shown in this table.
If you are not covered by health insurance, LFS will complete an application with you prior to your appointment. We will need proof of income and household size to start the application. Application will be reviewed and assessed for eligibility. Once approved you will be approved for a 90 day time period on a reduced sliding fee scale.
How to use the sliding fee scale:
- Select the number of family members in your household from the first column.
- Move your finger across that row and find your household income. This is your obligation for each type of service listed at the bottom.
- EXAMPLE 1: A one-person household with an annual income of $14,580 or below would be eligible for Scale 1, which means the patient out of pocket fee for service will be $0.00.
- Example 2: A two-person household with an annual income between $35,496 – $39,439 would be eligible for Scale 7.
Tuesday: 9-11 a.m.
Wednesday: 9-11 a.m.
Adult Substance Use Evaluation
Monday: 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m.
Tuesday: 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m.
Wednesday: 9-11 a.m.
Thursday: 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m.
Adult Mental Health Evaluation and Therapy
By Appointment Only (not available through Open Access at this time)
We are here to help, no matter what you are going through.
LFS Documents for Clients
- Client Consent for Communication
- Client Consent for Treatment Service
- Client Consent to Photograph or Video Record
- Client Rights and Responsibilities
- Complaint and Grievance Reporting Client Handout
- Confidentiality of Alcohol and Drug Abuse
- Medication Informed Consent
- Notice to Recipients of Substance Abuse Services
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- TeleHealth Service Consent